Saturday, April 4, 2009

Twitter, fresh from the oven

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Twitter, but not a huge fan like some. However, I came across this story on Iain Tait's blog and it's clearly demonstrated the power of this medium. I love that my local baker would send out messages about what's just come out of the oven for me to race down and buy. Hot, fresh and delicious.
From his post:
Some of the excellent geeks at Poke have hacked together / masterfully crafted BakerTweet. It’s a wonderful hardware / software solution for alerting people to the latest oven output from the Albion bakery. It’s a wireless Arduino thing that can be customised via a web interface to allow for various custom messages to be Twittered at the twist of a dial and the push of a water/flour-proof button. What’s brilliant is The Albion actually using it. And it actually works.

No comments: